Friday, February 15, 2013

What the Frak?


Hi Readers,

Now a days I am watching a very popular TV show series “Battlestar Gallactica”. Well I hope that some of you might have watched or even heard of this show. For those who are aware of it, let me specify that I am talking about the re-imagined series which started in 2003. The story is really nice and animation sequence is good as per the year of its creation. But today we are not going to talk about what is good or great in it but instead lets talk about what I find unusual in the show.

So for past few weeks I have noted that the characters in this show use the word “frak”. I tried to search it over the internet that what it meant but there is no such meaning for this word which would make it meaningful in those sentences in which it is used. Even when I am typing this word, the blogger's spell checker shows its wrong. Later on after seeing more and more episodes I really got this word's usage and the correct spelling. So previously I thought that they are saying "Frack". This word is used as a replacement for a popular obscene word that starts with “F” and end with “K”. If you are guessing it as facebook, then you are completely wrong, but general public daily uses it. If you didn't get my point then I can not help you more than that since this is a public viewing site and you are a dumb. Even though use of this word really makes it funny in the show when characters say “Motherfrakker”, or “What the Frak”.

Also the show has this story line which involves “God”. Well up till now I did not understand why the characters are after gods and that too Greek gods specially. Its very confusing and irritating to watch it when for everything they relate it to God. Even in real life we don't say “God” so many times than what they have used in reel life. Also seeing this show after watching movies like Terminator and star trek really makes me think that whether these two movies were made up from this show or was this show a combination of these two movies. But never the less, I am still loving the story line of this show.

I hope to receive your reviews and comments.

Thanks
Nakul

No comments:

Post a Comment