Monday, February 18, 2013

Stealing Ideas


Hi Readers,

Mr. X is a fan of novel, stories and other books. So we usually visit book stores and therefore this story is about the books. Well I always feel boring when I had to visit a book store and I feel tired when I even pick up a book. This is what I think most of us would claim. Though I have a friend who claims that when he is not able to sleep he opens a book and as soon as he starts reading he falls asleep. I am not sure how much truthful he is. So this time when I visited the book store, I felt like stealing ideas from novel to write my own book.

So I decided to steal some ideas from Philosophical section and therefore I picked up some books. Well its quite tough to understand them. This section was completely alien for me. So, I just left it. Better luck next time for philosophy.  Then I moved to Romantic section, what surprised me the most was that all books were on love story or either on break up story that too with a love agenda. All novels in this section are nearly same, cannot do much about that. So I picked up a single book to just check it out but this is what happened “Oh that is a nice story, but wait its a movie story, what was the title again, crap its 'PS I Love You'”. Here is what my stats say, 30-40% books had a movie story. These stats are prepared by checking only first 10 books at random order.

No animal love books in romantic section. So after looking here and there I got books on animals and that too National Geographic books. Well I can watch TV for that. Then came mythological section, this section is holy and stealing from gods is not a great idea so I left it. Moving ahead I went to this fiction and non-fiction section, all books were mixed in such a way that even no one can guess whether its fictional or non fictional. Suddenly I felt that the place got really crowded in this section, well 60% of total people in book store are found in this section.

You know what I think the best section in the whole book store is? Its the magazine section, but even here the problem is that there were no playboy magazines, I planned to steal some different idea here. So I declared it a rough day, stealing ideas is too hard. I did a go through of this complete book store within half an hour and Mr. X was still searching for the book and it felt like he is searching soul-mate for two hours.

I hope you liked my unsuccessful stealing of ideas and I hope to receive your comments.

Thanks
Nakul

No comments:

Post a Comment