Friday, March 8, 2013

The Last Day of Charlie


Hi Readers,

Charlie's heart was pumping heavily, he inhaled and exhaled air more quickly than a healthy person. He pressed the alarm button to call in the nurse. Nurse rushed in with a doctor behind her. Doctor shouted impatiently “Quickly give an oxygen mask”. Nurse immediately got one mask and put it over Charlie's face. All were in panic for about half an hour. Once the environment got a little easy and Charlie's breath became normal, he removed his mask and called in the nurse. “Nurse can you please do me a favor" asked Charlie. Nurse replied “Yes sure. What can I do for you?”. Charlie said “Can you please arrange a horse ride for me”. Nurse replied in confusion ”A horse ride ? You are joking right”. “No I am serious” said Charlie. Nurse said “well in that case let me ask from doctor but can you tell me why you need a horse?”.

Charlie paused for a minute thinking of what his father said once “Remember son, you should treat horse as a friend of yours and that way you can ride a horse with confidence”. Charlie responded to nurse “Well its my favorite animal” and laughed. Nurse was confused but she laughed in support. After five minutes nurse said “Charlie I had called doctor and he said the horse ride can be arranged by tomorrow morning”. “Ok that seems fine by me but I need one more favor can you please do that for me” said Charlie. “Yes please tell me” replied nurse. Charlie asked “Can you give me a phone? I need to make some phone calls”. Nurse acted quickly and bought a phone for Charlie and said “It is almost 10 o'clock in the night Charlie, better you have your calls quickly and go to bed soon”. Charlie looked towards her with pain and tears in his eyes, but diverted back to making phone calls.

He made his first call to his friend Ron. Ron picked the phone. Charlie said “Hi Ron, Its me Charlie, long time no talk man. Any how I called you up so late, I am sorry for that but I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday. So, Now you can go back to sleep”. After Charlie finished his sentence, he cancelled his call without hearing any response from Ron. Ron's wife asked “Who was it? “. Ron replied “It was my friend Charlie, but it seemed he was little confused and seemed in despair”. Ron's wife said “confused and despair?”. Ron told “Yes confused because he said 'we didn't have talk for long time' though we talked a week back and he wished me happy birthday although he knows my birthday is coming after 3 months and after that he cancelled the call without listening what I had to say. May be I will call him tomorrow to know the confusion”.

Charlie dialed his second call to his ex-wife Samantha. Samantha picked up his call “Hi Samantha here. May I know who is this speaking”. “Hi Sam, Its me Charlie”said Charlie. Samantha replied happily “Hi Charlie, how are you? We are talking almost after 5 years after our divorce. How have you been?”.

[Story Continued in ..... Chalie's will]

Thanks
Nakul

No comments:

Post a Comment