Saturday, March 2, 2013

Teachers: Their Lake of Grammar

Hi Readers,

“The football is not the air”... this is one of the most famous line that one of my teachers spoke quite a long time back. Actually he meant that “There is no air in the football”. Though we never asked him to speak in English but he tried his best and I respect that but really football and air combination is a missile of laughter. But if we see what he spoke then its quite correct until we don't try to get his perspective. Well I said he spoke correctly because “football” and “air” are really not the same entity.

I would say that he might be joking at that moment of time but I have seen most of the teachers who have a strange pronunciation in English. Let me tell you what is strange about the pronunciation of one such teacher. Well first of all he says “you guys have a Lake(Lack) of Confidence”. Oh really I do have a lake, can you please tell me where. Not only this but “You all give me a lot of Strace(stress)”. Hey you mean Miss Strace, hmm Good for you. He even claims to have eaten “snakes(snacks)”. Were they living or dead when you ate them.

Well these are some examples of those teachers and their Grammatical pronunciation which I remember over the long period of time. There are lot of others who speak like that and may be sometime we our self have this “Lake” of grammar and pronunciation. Nevertheless please enjoy the below lines on their pronunciation-

My teacher spoke,
he had this stroke or stoke
He felt stress or strace
may be he ate snacks or snakes
but i cannot explain that was this
because my knowledge lacks or lakes.

I hope you have encountered such people and I would like you to come forth and share them here. You are most welcome to comment and share.

Thanks
Nakul

No comments:

Post a Comment